Food and Beverages
Baja California is one of the most important Mexican states in regards to agriculture and fisheries. It is distinguished for the export quality of most of its products. Furthermore, the state has a growing food processing industry, using the regional products available as raw materials to integrate them into the productive and transformation processes.
Among the Baja Californian food products, it is worth highlighting:
- Vegetables: Organic and hydroponic production of small vegetables, tomatoes, strawberries, broccoli, cucumber, zucchini, prickly pear, and yucca, among others.
- Fish and shellfish: tuna, mackerel, sardines, clams, mussel, lobster, shrimp and abalone.
- Beverages: Wine, beer, sodas, milk, and natural fruit juices.
It is worth mentioning that:
- Baja California´s wine industry contributes with over 90% of the country´s wine production.
- Organic and hydroponic products are harvested for export.
- Feedlotting of tuna and other species for export such as geoduck clam, sea urchin and a variety of fish. Some of these products are exported alive, others fresh, and others deep-frozen.
These high-quality fresh or processed products have the necessary certifications to be commercialized at the demanding and sophisticated markets of North America, Japan, and the European Union.